Community. We – okay, maybe I – talk about the power of the racing community all the time. Whether it’s helping out a pit neighbor, supporting a sponsor’s business, or raising funds or awareness for a cause that’s important to one of our members, the racing community is more like a family than any other group I’ve been a part of.
For all of the ways that I see our community supporting each other, I haven’t found a place online that’s fun, positive and, frankly, ‘safe’ to talk with other teams and professionals about racing sponsorship. I’ve been looking for a community that I can bounce ideas off of, share what I’ve learned and what I’m working on, celebrate successes and ask for feedback, and haven’t found one.
That’s why I’m launching the DirtyMouth Sponsorship Success Community, a FREE private Facebook group designed to help racers connect with other racers as we pursue our dream of having a successful race team.
The DirtyMouth Sponsorship Success Community is designed to surround you with people who ‘get’ you.
- People who get your dream: a successful racing program.
- People who want to learn, grow, adapt and improve.
- People who want to share this process with others, by asking and answering questions, providing encouragement and feedback, and giving support.
- And, most importantly, people who want to build the sport up instead of tearing it down.
Over the past few years of business, I’ve worked with a lot of racers, companies and tracks on their sponsorship programs. In fact, it’s one of the most popular topics on this blog. But the reality is that most racers can’t afford one-on-one sponsorship consulting when they need, well, sponsorship. I’ve considered offering group coaching calls, writing a guide, or designing a course so that more racers can have access to affordable sponsorship resources, and eventually some of that will likely happen.
In the meantime, this is my way of serving a large group of racers for free. I’ll be sharing applicable blog posts, encouraging discussion, and much more as the group grows.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Tips and tools you can use to grow your program
- Wins and accountability: share a step you took each week to up your game
- Questions and answers from myself, yourself and others
- Opportunities to follow and connect with each other
- Weekend warrior photos: we work on the weekends! Share your ‘office’ for that day
- Inspiration to keep you motivated and moving forward
If you’re a race team or professional who wants to learn more from others – not just me! – on racing sponsorship, I encourage you to join the group and introduce yourself. I hope to see you there!
P.S. Worried about someone ‘stealing’ your sponsors? This ain’t that kind of place, my friends. You won’t be asked to share anything you aren’t comfortable with, and anyone who isn’t kind, respectful or on the up-and-up will be removed from the group.