Whether you’re a racer or a business that works with them, I’m providing a list of resources that I use for my business and I recommend to my clients that might help you. I add to this page regularly, so bookmark it for your convenience. Enjoy!
- Turning Pro: If you want to know the difference between a pro and an amateur, this the book for you. I read this book once a year to remind myself of how I need to shift my behavior to actually get what I want. It’s simple and powerful.
- The Big Leap – If you’re ready to go to the next level, this is the book for you. The Big Leap teaches you how to conquer fears – even the ones you didn’t know you had – and bust through ‘upper limits’ you didn’t even know you set for yourself. I highly recommend.
- The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Times, they are a changin’. If you want to make your racing a business, you might feel like none of the business advice out there is for you. Today you can take the plunge and use this book as your guide.
- Tribes: Really, any book by Seth Godin is going to help you move forward in your journey. But I personally like Tribes because it teaches you how to build a following of like-minded people and connect with them – perfect for building a real, dedicated fan base that sponsors will want to market to.
- Strengths Finder 2.0 – Confused about where to start with marketing and sponsorship? Strengths Finder can help you determine what you’re best at off the track so you can leverage that and play to your strengths in racing and beyond.
- Creativity For Sale: If you want to turn a passion into a profitable business (sound familiar?) this is a great book to start with. For more on why I enjoyed this book, you can read the full blog post here.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age – A classic, updated for today’s technology. This is great for 99% of people reading this blog, because networking and making connections is one of the most crucial elements to success in racing.
- Bluehost: I use Bluehost for all of my web hosting needs, and my clients do too. It’s affordable, easy to use, and offers instant WordPress installation for up to 10 domains. I’ve been using it for years, and I’ve tried many other big names – including GoDaddy, Hostmonster, etc – with less success.
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with wonderful support from their team and through general online resources. All of my websites and most of my clients’ websites use WordPress.
- Elegant Themes: Take your website from amateur to pro for less than a dinner out. This WordPress theme provider has almost 100 gorgeous themes and awesome support so you don’t have to pay a designer for a site from scratch.
- MailChimp: This is my preferred email provider – I have been using MailChimp for over 5 years and I’ve always been happy with their service. They allow you to customize campaigns – so you can send press releases to multiple lists – and have free and paid account options.
Legal and Billing Services:
- LegalZoom: Quick and simple legal services. Great for incorporating your race team or business so you’re protected no matter what.
- Freshbooks: Businesses want to do business with, well, businesses. Freshbooks is a great solution for creating professional invoices for your marketing partners which also allows you to collect payment in a variety of ways, provide billing reporting and even help you track your expenses. Try FreshBooks free for 30 days here – we’ve been using both the free and then the paid subscription for about 5 years now and love it.
- Hootsuite: Social media management tool. Great for sending updates to multiple social media networks, tracking links and monitoring multiple accounts in one place.
- Facebook Ads Text Tool: Test your Facebook ads on the ‘grid’ with this text overlay tool.
- Facebook Ads Photoshop Files: Need help complying with Facebook’s 20% text rule? Use these helpful templates to apply the ‘grid’ directly to your images to save time on image creation. Right click the link to download the zip file.
- Make Your Own Selfie Frame Template: Set your track up for social media success with a large, physical Instagram or Facebook frame that fans and drivers can use to promote your race track. Right click the link to download the Photoshop file, where you can customize the frame with your profile information, cut out the photo area and you’re ready to apply the print out to a piece of foam board or plywood!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.